Amazon.com, Inc. is a US-based multinational electronic commerce company headquartered in Seattle, Washington. Jeff Bezos founded Amazon.com, Inc. in 1994 and launched it online in 1995. Amazon.com started as an online bookstore, but soon diversified, selling DVDs, CDs, MP3 downloads, computer software, video games, electronics, apparel, furniture, food, and toys.
- You and your team of warehouse associates are responsible for getting Amazon customers their orders by managing various functions in the fulfilment centre operations.
- You are responsible for ensuring that you have properly trained people and that their needs are addressed so they can focus on their jobs.
- In addition, one of the most important aspects of your job is to lead change at internet speed. Innovation has made us the global company that we are today.
Additional Job Elements:
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Walking in the FC and around the area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter-mile in length
- Continual standing and/or walking
- Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that may be noisy, unlit, not air-conditioned
- Able to access all areas of the building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation)
- Direct management experience for employees and their performance
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement (how, when, who)
- Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts regularly
- BE/B.Tech Engineering from a reputed university in operations or related fields.
- 4-6 years of Operations Management experience in manufacturing, production or distribution environment.
- Must be flexible to work any shift 7 days/24 hours including holidays
- Supervisory responsibility for a minimum of 100 hourly employees
- Candidates with an MBA degree from a reputed institution are preferred.
- Basic/working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques preferred.
- Advanced Excel (SQL/VBA) skills preferred.
Source Link: https://amazon.jobs/en/jobs/2009093/area-manager
To apply for this job please visit amazon.jobs.